ParadoxDesign Studios Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is to talk about anything from our projects to scenario design and modding.

2 posters

I need help with my scenario

Jondoom

I need help with my scenario Empty I need help with my scenario

Post by Jondoom Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:51 am

Ok, so the members of a team are supposed to help each other, right? Well, I need help with my scenario, Brave Sword, the one I announced in a thread here.

All the help I ask is that you try to answer this questions: What is the best way to capture people's attention into a showcase and make them want to download it? And second, how to make a showcase stay alive, in other words, to be kept in sight and avoid being buried becuase no one posts in it?

I would really appreciate your suggestions. Playtesting it would be also a good way to help, if you're interested ask me but in the AoMH forums please. Thanks for any help! Smile
    Skarr
    Skarr
    Paradox Design Studios Owner

I need help with my scenario Empty Re: I need help with my scenario

Post by Skarr Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:36 pm

I have had this problem too. Here are a few tips:

For downloads, showcases are key. Make sure they are filled with rich screenshots, BBCode, and if you know some, HTML. The reason people comment on threads is because it catches their attention. Say you have some open spaces for playtesters, as you do now; be sure to mention that they will be credited. (this could be the ending credits in the game, or on the downloads page.) People are always looking for publicity, and if you help them out by that, people are very likely to pay attention to you. Try to advertise in any way you can- in your signature, your profile page- or even a small, free webpage (you can get one from Webs.com) to advertise it. Try not to spam in every thread about your project, but find ones that support them. Say the scenario ideas and projects thread in Scenario design- that is a good way to start, due to the fact that you can switch your progress around and let people know how you are doing. In that way, they are very likely to come back to your showcase page and leave a comment or two. For downloads, be sure to link to the thread, along with a comment such as "You can view more screenshots there aswell as get information about it". I see you have made a demo- a very good start. People love these things, they are short, nice, and being small- high quality. Ah, screenshots. When you submit a map, notice there are buttons saying something like 'Normal Text' 'BBcode' and 'HTML'. If you used BBCode to show screenshots in the thread, use it in the submition too. People will look at them and marvel- but keep some secret so they will have to download to check out the rest. Finally, features. Add something new to your map. A leveling system, epic quests, having to sleep at night to regain health, eating berries from bushes in the forest to regenerate- purchasing; those are all good things to add, but be creative and add your personal ones. People will get excited and even ask over and over when the map is finished. As I come to an end, keep adding screenshots. Pace them, not all at once. Make them WANT more and more. Add them once one a day, then maybe two days till you add one. Do things like that, and people will come back, comment, and later, download.

I hope these tips have helped you. I am sure your project will turn out fantastic. Good luck from the Paradox team! Wink
    Jondoom

Post by Jondoom Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:45 am

Thanks Skarr! You made a complete publiticy guide right there! LOL Really, that's appreciated. Smile I'll try follow your advice. Wink
    Skarr
    Skarr

Post by Skarr Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:51 am

Oh, you are welcome. Wink Glad to help.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 pm